About Me

My photo
El Paso, Texas, United States
I photograph what inspires me. This could be just about anything as I am a person of many interests and look for the beauty in everything that I see and one of the first thoughts is how I can photograph a subect to portray it how I see it. This could be rendered as HDR, traditional portrait, or even using photoshop techniques.

March 8, 2011

College Assignment - Song of the Wandering Aengus


I am not sure that many of you out there know that I am going to college.  I am attending The Art Institutes of Pittsburgh Online and pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Photography.  In one of my classes this past week, we were asked to listen to a poem called "The Song of the Wandering Aengus" and then take some photographs of our interpretation of the poem.  There were so many different ways the poem could be interpreted that it was almost impossible to pick just one photo to submit for the assignment.  I decided on this photograph and try to make it seem like a dream state look with everything in black and white with the exception of the strawberries and blueberries.  I tried to convey the dream like feeling in the same way we dream; keeping all the black and white out of focus and the colored items in focus with a lot of clarity.  I don't think that I felt justified in the interpretation of the poem, but with the time of year and other situations that were working against me, this was the best one that I came up with.  But in the end, I was satisfied with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment