About Me

My photo
El Paso, Texas, United States
I photograph what inspires me. This could be just about anything as I am a person of many interests and look for the beauty in everything that I see and one of the first thoughts is how I can photograph a subect to portray it how I see it. This could be rendered as HDR, traditional portrait, or even using photoshop techniques.

February 23, 2011

San Elizario Chapel (San Elizario)


The San Elizario Chapel was named for the 13th Century French patron of the military St. Elzear.  It was established as part of the Spanish Military Garrison of Presidio de San Elzeario (also Elceario, later Elizario).  It was moved to this location in 1789 from its original location, 37 miles to the southeast, after floods from the Rio Grande damaged the original chapel.  It was recorded as a Texas Historic Landmark in 1962.

1 comment:

  1. I love this image. Cloudless skies are the usual order of the day in El Paso, so you did a wonderful job of capitalizing on the dramatic sky here. Well done!

    ReplyDelete