About Me

My photo
El Paso, Texas, United States
I photograph what inspires me. This could be just about anything as I am a person of many interests and look for the beauty in everything that I see and one of the first thoughts is how I can photograph a subect to portray it how I see it. This could be rendered as HDR, traditional portrait, or even using photoshop techniques.

March 27, 2011

Roses on top of Sheet Music


While working on some other photographs, I suddenly got this idea to photograph some roses.  I was not sure of how I wanted to photograph them and I remembered that I had seen a long time ago, a single rose on top of an old love letter.  I thought that why not use some sheet music instead of a letter.  After a little bit of research, I knew that I wanted to use Beethoven as the underlying music for the photograph but could not decide on which song.  I remembered that one of his solos called "Fur Elise" was about his proposal to a young girl and the song title translates literally to "For Elise."  After a few different setup positions and quite a few photographs later, I finally found a setup that worked with what I was trying to get at.  I worked different angles and different light source positions and found what I liked.  I hope that you enjoy this as much as I had taking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment