About Me

My photo
El Paso, Texas, United States
I photograph what inspires me. This could be just about anything as I am a person of many interests and look for the beauty in everything that I see and one of the first thoughts is how I can photograph a subect to portray it how I see it. This could be rendered as HDR, traditional portrait, or even using photoshop techniques.

April 3, 2011

Monster Jam


These photos were actually taken during the Monster Jam event in El Paso in early March.  I have been going through about 8 gigabytes worth of photos and looking for the best ones.  This first photo is of Grave Digger jumping a pile of crushed vehicles.


This photo of the vehicle of  Iron Man jumping was one of the first of many photos that were taken.  This was one of the first few photos that I actually was able to get the camera settings just right in order to capture the subject moving focused properly while keeping the background just slightly out of focus.  This is a technique called panning and takes a good amount of practice in order to get right.


This photo is of Grave Digger the Legend.  This is also a slight use of the technique called panning but with the primary subject coming moving toward the camera slightly.  This is one of the most successful photos in respect to composition and other elements of design.


El Toro Loco is among the favorites of the El Paso people.  I would have to agree partly with the exception of Grave Digger.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment